A Mom and a Family of Men!

Friday, March 28, 2008

We have a Wii and our Butterflies!

So we broke down and did it! The boys (including Matt) have a Wii! They smiled all the way home. :) And to my good friend Sherri, girl we got the American Idol Singing game! Hee hee!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Our Butterflies have emerged and flown away now. :) We enjoyed them and were a little sad to see them go. But to see them fly off into the big wild blue was amazing! I felt like I was sending part of myself with them. *sigh*

Neat thing is this...after they are done pumping the wings they excrete the rest of the blood and stuff out! There were pools of blood on the floor of the box. I never knew!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here is Remy letting one go...look on his finger.
Photobucket

The fun didn't end there folks! We now have a moth inside a little spun womb and many other moth babies to watch! Here is one of the tiny ones.
Photobucket

I just loved this pic of the boys hands as they played with itty caterpilliar.
Photobucket

And I have GREAT news! Eli's first box of books shipped out yesterday. The first box is to arrive on Monday with the other soon behind it! YAY!

Here we come 3rd grade!

5 comments:

Rhonda said...

My girls love their Wii and I really wanna get American Idol for them. I am sure that your boys had a great time with it.

Oh I loved the butterfly photos. How fun that must have been to watch them. The photo of Remy letting that one go is just adorable.

Anonymous said...

Your kids always do the coolest things! Love the butterfly photos and the moth babies! I guess I didn't know they started out that way. You learn something new everyday! :)

How's the American Idol game for the Wii? I've been thinking about getting that! But we're waiting on Rock Band to come out for the Wii! Woot!
~Retro from JM

Jessica said...

How fun the caterpillars are! What a blast! I think that is something Emily and I will definitely have to try in our homeschool. And I know she would love the Wii with anything that would let her have a microphone and sing. Your boys are so cute and seem to be having so much fun!

Anonymous said...

The butterflies are awesome! And the Wii looks so fun, I have been dying to get one!

Motherbird said...

I think we are going to get some caterpillars for my daughter. She is studying butterflies and would probably love watching the metamorphosis. We did just order praying mantis eggs though so that should be cool too! I'll post pictures for you when we get them.