A Mom and a Family of Men!

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Lesson 56

Hello Everyone! We hope your Thursday was a cozy as ours. :)

Highlights of the day:
Remy and I mostly just spent time together while Eli did all of his seatwork. And then we went out to run errands. I needed to pick up some quinoa at the health food store, since the groceries decided to stop carrying it. And then we went and mailed daddy's packets out, and picked up 2 white carnations. Afterwards we shared a tofu meal at the chinese place in the mall. All three of us sat around a huge serving of rice, tofu and veggies. YUMMY!

When we were done we walked around a bit and looked at the hermit crabs. The kids just love these critters. :) But they have 5 fish, a sucker fish and an aquatic african frog right now. Maybe one day when we move and have more space in our schoolroom. I hear that you need two as they get lonely.

At home Elijah and I finished up his lessons. We were ready to get to the science project. We are looking at the stems and water distrubution of the plant in this experiment. And there is a lovely surprise at the end...colored flowers! :) The couple at the flower shop just loved that he was doing this. The man joked with him and said that when his flower was striped instead of fully colored that he could not return it. I love it! Anyway, here are the pictures!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We will keep you updated on our little project!

3 comments:

Sherri said...

I can't wait to see the pictures when they are done!
We should have done this experiment when we studied plants...maybe we still will!!!
I love learning of new ideas from other Blogs!!!
I LOVE the picture of your boys doing the experiment. They look so excited...how precious!!!

Sherri said...

So, how did it go with the flowers? I've been waiting for an update :)!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I promise to update it soon...I am behind in my blogging. Eeek!