A Mom and a Family of Men!

Monday, July 06, 2009

Ice Cream Math

My wonderful friend Sherri gave Remy a math game a while back. Now that we are in the 9's family for addition and subtraction Remy really needs some practice. Not to understand math, but to become quicker at answering. I have found he doesn't like his math as much since he has to think so hard on the answer. Remy doesn't like anything hard. This is a big change from Elijah who wants everything to be hard or he feels it is a waste of his time.

I am secretly pleased that I am finally able to teach Remy, it hasn't happened yet!

After Dinner Daddy played with him. Remy likes anything that is a competition and of course Matthew used that. ;)

Photobucket

Matthew put all of the ice cream scoops into a bag and Remy loved picking out the one he would need to answer. He is such an over actor. Hee hee...

Photobucket

Once he answered it, quickly, he was allowed to stack the scoops onto the cone. They each had a pretty tall ice cream by the end of it.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Eli and Remy are so much like my niece and nephew! My niece informed me that she doesn't like reviews, because she already knows it all... my nephew doesn't like having to THINK the answer up. He wants to just know it already! That icecream game looks like fun!

Sybille said...

Yes it's true, doing math while playing a game is just another thing! We have just played the fishing-game today and Sandro and Ju said tomorrow they want to do it again. When I think back the way I had to learn math at school I understand why I hated it so much :)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

I also hated math, and I agree with you Sybille!

Dana Leeds said...

Looks like he was having fun with the ice cream game. My daughter doesn't like learning her "math facts", either. She'd much rather learn something new, but the facts are important! :-)

Julia said...

What an awesome idea... that game looks so fun! I would have loved to have something like that for when the girls were learning that.