A Mom and a Family of Men!

Thursday, July 08, 2010

A Remy Lesson

Remy is just one of those super feeling and passionate people. He gets it from me. He feels everything so intensely and he can get carried away with his emotions. This is fine...but this has turned into him saying things in anger and reacting in anger. It has to stop. Well, it needs to be more in his control. I know the life-long struggle he will have with this, but I so hope I can help him. Pray for me as I parent my strong-willed child as I am a strong-willed adult. ;)


I had him make this art project and as he colored we talked about James 1:19. We talked about being swift to hear, slow to speak, and slow to wrath. He understood that the word was speaking to him, he felt badly. We hung it on the mantle and we refer to it as needed.


Photobucket

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

You are such a good momma for helping him in his struggles. I admire you so much.

Beyond Blessed said...

This is the perfect response! I have had to do the same thing with Justin, sit down with the Bible and pray together about anger because of times when I handle my anger incorrectly. I think it means a lot to our kids when we teach them what the Word says, and how we apply it to our lives, even we we as parents are not perfect. This is something that will stay in his memory forever Chelita. What a gret idea, and a creative project. I will be praying for you, mama friend, and I appreciate that you have been praying for me in the same area! <3 u! !jen