A Mom and a Family of Men!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Day 18 - My Sister

My sister Tabatha is seriously one of the sweetest gals around. I have so enjoyed watching her grow-up. I remember everything about her. I remember when she was born, her babyhood, and her girlhood. She is one of the most important people to me in my world. I love her so much, but my love for her is so different than most. Sometimes I love her like my sister, sometimes I am fiercely protective of her as if she were my own child, and others she is a mother to me and I want to curl up with her and just be with her like a child. A sister is something everyone should have if they are a woman. I feel bad for those who don't have a sister. Friends will fill the void if you need them to, but a sister is so different. She was there at the start of it all. And if you were much older than she, you knew her from her time in the womb. It is a bond that I am blessed to have.


A sister will nuture you when your mother can't, or atleast a good one will. I know that years from now my sister will still give me a taste of my mother even when she is gone from this earth. I take comfort in that. I hold on to that.


Tabby was the cutest child. She would sit and talk for hours to her baby dolls. She loved to dress them up. I remember this Elephant phase she went through. I watched Dumbo so much that one year. It was torture. She would get in her jammies, slide into her elephant sleeping bag, and drink her "oclate" (chocolate milk) as she watched Dumbo.


She would pat her hair down her forhead while she drank her oclate. Her little lips poking out in a kissy face as she chugged down the sippy cup. She still has her chocolate milk. I joke with her and call it her "beer". She puts the girls to bed, watches her movies she has recorded and drinks her chocolate. Cracks me up. Her husband even knows to back up and give her some room during that time! LOL


Tabby has grown into this wonderful woman who loves her family and gives so much. I love her heart. I am also thrilled beyond words that she has her salvation and I will see her even beyond this world. Many do not know that for sure, I do.


I still think of her as my baby sometimes. I would carry her down the hall when it was dark. I was terrified of the dark. I laugh about it now because she couldn't have kept me safe. But she made me feel safer. Safety in numbers and all that.


I have so many stories because she is my sibling. It would take blogs upon blogs to document it all. Noah is about to wake-up...so no time for that. I just wanted her to know that I love her with all of my heart. There is no other person in the world I would want for my sister. She lives in my heart in a variety of ways. I will always be her "Eha". I promise.


I want her to know how proud of her I am. I love how she loves her family she has created. What a wonderful mama she is. She loves her husband, too! What a rare treasure she is to the girls and to Bobby. They are blessed to have her as the mama in the family.


So glad I have my "Bae-tha" to live this life with. :)


Photobucket

No comments: