A Mom and a Family of Men!

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Remy started his first school reader!

I have awaited this moment! :) He did lesson day 75 yesterday and I was able to surprise him with a new book. :) We have of course borrowed library books and he has read those with me and he has read lots of sentences and stuff on the magnet board with me and in his phonics workbook. But this was exciting because he LOVES Eli's readers and to have his own was very exciting to him. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I like how they start out slow to build confidence and to allow the child to feel big and smart. I will keep everyone updated on the reader situation! :)


Elijah learned about the plot in a story yesterday and he had fun with that.

I thought I would post some updated pictures of our little turtles we adopted a year back in Dallas, Texas.
Photobucket

Matthew cut up this watermelon but he did it differently than normal. When he cut it in a circle shape he noticed this natural filagree pattern in the watermelon! Can you see it?
Photobucket


And this is a purple flower that stunned us all! We have a ivy like plant out back that blooms yellow. This one was there but we didn't know it! But there is a different vine on the trellis!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And of course I have some natural and free time outside to share. :) The boys are in the "creek" out back, it runs into a marshy body of water down the road. It was empty this day. :)
Photobucket

And here is Eli showing great brotherly love and helping Remy up the bank with a stick. :) I love these moments.
Photobucket

3 more days and we leave for VACATION!

10 comments:

Alison said...

Great pictures and I hope you have fantastic vacation!!!!

Anonymous said...

That watermelon is so neat! And YAY for Remy!! I hope you all have a great time on your vacation :) I can't wait to see the pics!

Kristine said...

Those are amazing pictures! Wow! Have fun on your vacation!

Sherri said...

It's so exciting when they start to read! Vicki's Landon was reading some words for us when he was here last time, and we all had so fun with it. Woo hoo about the new book!!!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh tell Landon, YAY!

Rhonda said...

Remy is going to love those readers! Lindsay has 2 left in the set and then she is done. She loves them and feels so big when she reads them.

That watermelon pattern is so cool. We bought one last week and it was so sweet and yummy. My girls love watermelon.

What a beautiful flower. I love the close up that you took. How amazing it looks. Maybe a type of clematis of some sort? Try looking around on this site and it may be on there somewhere if you would like to know what it is. http://www.homeofclematis.net/variety.htm

That photo of Eli helping Remy is precious. I love it.

Laura said...

Have fun in Disney!

Go Remy!!!

Motherbird said...

Beautiful flower pictures! And congrats to your little reader!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

Rhonda said...

I have to reply to your question here hon. I didn't have an e-mail addy to send this to. We will still be living in Louisiana. I am not sure exactly where you are at, but we will be in a little town called DeQuincy. Way out in the boondocks. I swear I think that it is at the end of the world where we will be. Do you know of this little town? LOL!