A Mom and a Family of Men!

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Our Journey to Disney World...The Sweetest Place on Earth!

So we woke the morning of the 19th and the car was all packed up. The boys had NO idea! We were so sneaky!

Sabrina had to go somewhere with her family and we told the boys the night before that we were going to go to a really big flea market.

They were EXCITED! Hee hee...

We were almost to Hattiesburg when the kids were just done looking for that flea market. I said that I didn't know where it was and that we would maybe have to turn around. They love us too much to complain so they sat back with the LONGEST FACES in the WORLD!

We decided that we had to tell them we were in fact on the first day of vacation. We wanted them to enjoy the journey.

We stopped the car and I turned around and told them to look at me, that we were going to have some real fun. I then told them to look in the back. The did, and then looked at us. I said why do you think we have luggage packed? They got a spark in their eyes and Matthew and I both said, "WE are on VACATION"!!!!!

They jumped up and down and screamed! It was SWEET!

That night we decided last minute to stop and stay with Matthew's parents on the way there and my parents on the way back. We really didn't want family involved in our first real vacation with Remy with us. It wasn't meant to be a family time...it was our time. :) It just so happened that Pcola was in the path of getting there. But we talked and decided the grandparents would be with them 1 night each for a few hours...just to be sweet. :)

We were fearful of anyone being around at Matt's parents...as they might have let the cat out of the bag of where we were going. So we had a quiet evening with just them. And our secret was safe.

That night they played Jenga with Grammie.
Photobucket

In the morning they played around while we made breakfast and packed up.
Photobucket

Thanks to Grammy and Grampy for a WONDERFUL evening and lots of love. :) We enjoyed the two of you.


We drove along the coast from Gulf Breeze, Destin and Fort Walton. We stopped at a butterfly house in Destin. And then in Ft. Walton we looked at the site of some mound builders like we had in Louisiana and had lunch on the beach.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It will take me a while to update it all...but keep an eye here...stay tuned!

I have email and messages up to my eyeballs! Hee hee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great start, I can't wait for the rest!

Sherri said...

Hurry and finish the rest...I can't wait to see! I loved seeing the ones of your you and the boys from the forum!

Rhonda said...

Oh I can't wait! I love reading your blogs and seeing all of the photos of your family fun!

Anonymous said...

Ok, the anticipation is building. I love it! I can't wait to finish the story. :)