A Mom and a Family of Men!

Saturday, May 31, 2008

My first TAG!

Matthew is off to Shreveport for a wedding and we are just home for the day. I was very happy to see a tag for me on Alison's Blog.

First off I would like to talk about Alison for a bit. She is just one of those mamas that I have met online and that I just LONG to meet in real life. I wish she lived just us the street. We could do so many neat homeschooling things together. She has the cutest kids. 3 boys and 1 precious little girl that I could just borrow from time to time.

I see a blog post almost everyday that shows how much fun they have. She allows them to be free and messy. Her mothering is not smothering. It is enough to mold and guidel but they also have room to grow into who they are. Not who she wants them to be.

Her laid back attitude to life and schooling is just something I wish all mother's could see and then emulate. She is a valuable resource to all women. You are blessed to know her. And I am blessed to call her friend. Even if we are miles apart. :)


Okay...on to the tag. :)


1. My joys
- Holding my youngest childs hand as he falls asleep.

- Kissy Therapy (This is when I am sick or my head hurts or I am stressed, Matthew will kiss really hard all over my face really fast and hard.)

- I love it when my dogs are walking next to me and their noses touch the back or side of my leg just for a second. It always reminds me how much I adore them and I give them a pat.

- The conversations my 9 year old and I have.

- Our home.

- Starting and finishing a new day of homeschooling lessons.

- Helping women prepare for birth and giving birth.

- I love leaving a birth and knowing a new family was made and I am leaving them to start the best part of their lives.

- Visiting a clients house to check up on her and the baby. To see how they fall into a rhythm all their own. It is beautiful. :)

- The way a baby feels in your hands all wet and wiggly and fresh out of his mama!


2. My fears

- Passing away and knowing that my children will always have a void. I am such a neat mama according to them that I don't think anyone could fill my shoes. EVER! That is sad for me.

- My husband passing away. He is my world. He is my forever companion. The children will leave...he will always be with me. :)

- Too much government control.

- Babies not breathing at birth. Resus-ing is just not something I am thrilled about. Also a stuck or sticky baby. Makes me want to pass out!


3. My goals

- To raise neat children to go out into the world and live out the life God would have for them.

- To love as many people as much as I can.

- To live everyday like it is my last.

- to lose weight.

- To live as well and healthy as I can.

- To be a good wife.


4. My current obsessions/collections

- OWLS

- Yard work

- Gardening


5. Random surprising facts about me

- I love ballet and can even dance, even if I am fat and out of shape.

- I love to look at and play with the placenta after a birth. I like to see this "organ" everytime. I love to see how they are different and alike. They are always different. And each one has a surprise all it's own. You would have to see and have your hands on alot to know what I mean. *Hee hee*

- I love doing laundry.

- If I am near a cliff or up way high I have to crawl. My knees just collapse and I shake the whole time I am crawling.



Okay Sherri and Retro...your TAGGED!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

I loved reading these Chelita. It helps me to know you a little better. You're such an awesome person. HUGZ!

Alison said...

Girl you totally ROCK!!!