A Mom and a Family of Men!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Arabic/Jewish meal day...

Today we had a BLAST!

Remy did his 3 R's very quickly, about 10 minutes for it all. While he did that Eli started on his 3rd book in the Lemony Snicket books he has been reading. When Remy was done we had some science time with reptiles and turtles. Nothing to really show from that today.

We then read a book on Jewish Holidays and in this book were the directions for the Hora. It is a popular dance in Israel and the people do it on happy occasions. So...how do you think the boys did on the first try?



Now...if you hear the words "pick my boogers" please forget you heard that! LOL!

We also colored our Joseph comic "book" pages from SOTW today. It was pretty funny!

We then went outside while our Challah dough rose.

New stuff in the pool: Eli is jumping in! Getting braver!



After a small swim we came in and prepared the Challah for the oven!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was YUMMY!

We also made a Honey Cake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was so darn good! Sweet with Honey and YUMMY!

For the main meal we had falafel and hummus on flat bread with tomato and lettuce. The whole meal was so good and vegetarian because it is veggie! I love recipes I get to make that are already veggie. :) *Big smiles*

Photobucket

There is nothing like learning through doing! It just makes you excited!

I asked Remy how it felt to make and eat the food that they would have eaten. He says, "I feel good, and I FEEL JEWISH"! *emphasis added*

Matthew and I just belly laughed!

So that is how we did today. I can't wait for tomorrow!

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

ROFL! Oh that dance was so cute! Remy needing to pick his nose just cracked me up. He is a hoot!

That food looks so yummy. MMM Great job you guys!

Sherri said...

We love making foods from other countries!! I am always surprised at how well all of the kids eat it!

You should have let that baby stop and pick his nose..haha!!!

Alison said...

Yummy and LOL..those boys crack me UP!!!

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! I'm LOVING yours!!