A Mom and a Family of Men!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

End of Week One: Life after Unemployment

I am going to journal this journey or ours quickly and simply. I feel led to do so. I know that we are not the only ones at this time facing this. I hope to share the goodness that will come from these days, the blessings, the victories! I know that we know not who is watching us...and who may come to know the peace of Lord God through our trials. I refuse to allow the enemy any amount of smug victory! My father is so very wonderful, so very magnificent, so very in control!


Thursday, April 16th, 2009
End of day one: Life after unemployment. Today was okay, I cried, I laughed, I was renewed in my faith by many sweet and lovely women who I love dearly. I love you all, you know who you are. ;) The biggest thing right now is insurance for Elijah and how to handle that! PRAY for that before anything else! Secondly pray for a good job with benefits to pop up BEFORE the last day matthew has at work. Thanks, guys.

Friday, April 17th, 2009
End of Day Two: Life After Unemployment. We have had some really neat things happen today. It may be HUGE, but we will not know until next week. I feel this weird peace about it, I have only felt this feeling a few times in my life and each time the thing that God was speaking to my heart came true. This is so GOOD, that I just am being convicted of having such little faith. I mean, this would be wonderful! PRAY!

Saturday, April 18th, 2009/Sunday, April 19th, 2009
The weekend was HARD! You can't do anything...we now live for the week Monday-Thursday. I had some bad moments, I cried a lot, I worried, etc. Matthew was off of work on Sunday and we just did the normal thing. We needed to purchase dogfood and house supplies and he spent time applying online to various places.


Monday, April 20th, 2009
End of day 5: Life After Unemployment. We had some pretty good news this morning. We are getting a deal on cobra for the next 9 months. Instead of having to pay $1,200 a month to keep up our insurance we will pay $425 I think is what Matthew said. That is HUGE...and then after 9 months it will be back up to 1200 a month. We will have a gap of 45 days in coverage from his last day at work to his first day on COBRA. We are buying insulin and supplies for Eli now and at the end again so we can make it through. We are just praying to be able to afford that payment to COBRA each month and make our bills. It felt so good this morning to know it was Monday and we could once again DO something or KNOW something. I am not looking forward to the weekend. *sigh* We also have some huge things in the works in the J-O-B area. I really just can't speak about it until I know for sure. I feel I may break the magic...hee hee... We are good everyone, keep praying for us!


Tuesday, April 21, 2009
End of Day six: Life After Unemployment. Matthew was off of work today and gosh those days off aren't as fun anymore. :( He spent it looking up the details he will need at a meeting on Thurs. and applying online to various jobs. I hope to have some news by the end of the week. I did get the garden bed ready for the plants and other than that we were at home. I feel like everything is taking forever and I feel the dreaded time of Matthew applying for crap jobs approaching us. I think I need to put on some praise music like my Grandmother advised! It is getting hard to talk to someone and they just feel so bad for you. I don't know...it makes me feel strange. No one has the same voice when I talk to them anymore. My grandfather was really different. *sigh* Tomorrow will be one week. It feels like forever but then again, not long enough.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
End of Day 7: Life After Unemployment: Matthew has a really super important meeting tomorrow morning. Just pray it is blessed and ordained by GOD! The way it has come about it just SO neat and we feel very blessed. I will update you guys tomorrow *if* I know anything super neat. I am very nervous and so very hopeful. I am a little anxious that we are nearing the end of the week and the dreaded weekend days that DRAG on and on and on when you are out of work. I did receive wonderful news today about a friend of mine whose husband has been out of work for a while. Her husband has some new work and it came just in time for them! Thankyou, Jesus! I hope to be the bearer of great news next week when I post updates. :) Pray for us with all of your might.








5 comments:

Rhonda said...

Chelita, I am praying so hard for you and your family hon. Don't lose that happiness that I see in your photos and read in your blogs. I don't want you to lose that.I know that this is a rough time for y'all right now, but keep your chin up. The clouds will clear. I am crossing my fingers and toes that it is soon. Sending HUGS your way!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Gosh, Chelita, I know exactly how you are feeling. Everything you wrote is so much how I was thinking and feeling when Jamie was out of work 4 1/2 years ago. He ended up finding something SO much better in a related field. That led him to the job he has now. He loves what he does now and where he is. My prayer is that this goes similar for you guys. What seemed so horrible and scary at the time turned out to be such a blessing. Father knows. He has a plan. It's hard for us to trust in that when we're in the middle of it, but looking back I see that so clearly. I'm praying for you guys.

Motherbird said...

Hold on the that peaceful knowing. Hugs and prayers from my family to yours. :-)

Sherri said...

That was me who called you at 9:00 or so this morning. I know...I am breaking all of the manner rules this week, but I just want to be there for you any way I can even if it is just to give you a hug.
I was calling about COBRA, but I see that you have already looked into it. Jeff said something about it last night because we have always had to do it between jobs with his pre-exisiting Addisons. It has saved us more than once. I hope that works out well for you, and I'm glad that you already know about it.
I would love to do something tomorrow afternoon. Call me when you get this!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Sherri, you are not breaking the rules, I am grouchy!