A Mom and a Family of Men!

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Restocking the Store and Prices

When we are out and about I find little things that I want to add to the store. We were at the dollar store and I picked up some things.

Cotton Candy! The cost was a $1 and I put it in our little school store for $6 dollars. I price things higher the more valued they are by the children. This makes them work harder for the treats. I keep a log all week and put in "money" for a job well done on a math paper, a good deed, or a chore they did with a pleasant manner.

Photobucket

This is a sheep full of gum "tape" and it was $1 and I put $2.50 on it.

Photobucket

Airheads are great because for a dollar I get 6 and I price them at $1.50 each.

Photobucket

Pop Rock potion $1 and the price in the school store is $3.

Photobucket

Ice cream shaped suckers. The package is $1 and I made them $1 each.

Photobucket

Silly String is always a favorite for them.

Photobucket

My friend Sherri and her children have my children hooked on water balloons. :) They are great fun in the pool. I price them at 25 cents for 10, but Eli bought the whole package of 100 for $2.50.

Photobucket

This is the box restocked with new "stuff". I have mechanical pencils in there, sidewalk chalk, toy cars, building kits, etc. I will sometimes buy super deep clearanced games and put them in there. I always look at the Target clearance and then price those things SUPER high for our school store. This encourages them to save in the "bank account" instead of spending it all.

Photobucket

They earn anywhere from $5 to $10ish dollars a week. It really depends on them! I also use this as a way to keep them in line. Remy has a hitting issue with his brother lately. Everytime he hits Eli he loses .25 - .50 cents. He had a good week this week and yesterday he had around $12 dollars to deposit.

They look forward to this every friday. :)

8 comments:

Julia said...

I just love the school store idea. I am definitely going to have to start one for the girls.

Kristin said...

What a great idea! I think we're going to need our own school store too...especially once both girls are old enough to 'save' for it!

Britwife said...

This is just the best idea! I wish I had thought of it when I homeschooled.

Although, I could do it now too, couldn't I? :)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

You sure could, Britwife.

Rhonda said...

Cotton Candy...yum! This is just so neat girly. And I love how it keeps the kids motivated!

Alison said...

You school store is just like mine witht he stuff in it..lol.we did points until now..now we are stealing your check thing and doing that!

Laura said...

What a WONDERFUL idea!! I LOVE this!!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Thanks for that explanation! Now for another question. How do you award the money to them? Like is a certain thing worth a certain amount, etc.? Thanks! My kids really want a school store so you are helping me get it started lol