A Mom and a Family of Men!

Monday, May 10, 2010

Had a SWEET Mother's Day!

I was extremely spoiled this Mother's Day. Not only was it my third Mother's day expecting a new little one, but it was the most spoiled I have ever felt. We will be staying home and doing nothing but swimming for fun the next few weeks. I think Matthew just wanted to spoil me after the hard time we had and while it was hard to accept it all...I know they did it from love.


I woke-up to these sweet wrapped presents. The boys decorated them and they are so cute. Remy drew sweet little things all over his.


Photobucket


Photobucket


Elijah made a little oragami "lake" scene on his!


Photobucket


Photobucket


Remy gave me an ice cream maker that sets on the counter and I never have to worry about buying ice or rock salt again! LOVE IT! He has requested Mint Chocolate Chip for dessert tonight...so I will blog that later for you.


Elijah and I love Dim Sum and anything steamed and he got me the best bamboo steamer basket.


The boys also found a little something for Bumble Baby. They got a little sock monkey because you know Remy thinks that Bumble needs a monky just like he has. And they said that Bumble got me a cookie dough scooper since my other one bit the dust. HEE HEE I guess Bumbles would need a cookie making mama. ;)


Photobucket


They then went to all the "mommy" stores because it was cold and gloomy. I bought my mother the best present. I can't blog about it right now. Perhaps she will take a photo with it when she gets it. ;)


I went to the Family Christian Book Store and then they boys took me to Olive Garden. Matthew had a gift card and so we used that up. Our sweet friend Destiny served us while we were there. That was a treat.


After that I shopped for some lunch challenge stuff and came home. Bumble just felt so heavy yesterday and I forgot my belt.


Oh yea, I will now be able to wash more than 5 pieces of clothing at a time, they will not be sopping wet when I place them in the dryer, and my little cloth diapers will have a nice washing once Bumble is here because Matthew bought me a new washer!!!! It will be here thursday. My washer I have now is soooo ooollld! It walks when it washes, no joke, you can't adjust or balance it anymore. Matthew has held it together because I haven't wanted to spend the money. We have needed one BAD for the past few years. I can't wait!!!! I will be finding stuff to wash! OH, and it will hold my blankets!!!! I can wash all the jeans at once! I can wash all the towels at once!!!!


See what I mean? S-P-O-I-L-E-D! It was better than Christmas for me!


I love my men so much. I am so blessed. It almost undid me when I saw the gifts that the boys had bought and that through our time together through the years my little boys really know me. They know what I like and they aim to cherish me. It is so emotional that I almost can't go on when I think on it.


God, Thankyou for sweet men!

7 comments:

Phyllis said...

I am so glad you enjoyed your Mother's Day. You are a great mom and deserve it!
-Phyllis

Four Little Penguins said...

That is so sweet! :)

Claire said...

Sounds like a great mother's day! Enjoy your new washer...now that is a gift I could be excited about, lol.

Phyllis said...

I have just nominated you for a blogging award. Pop on over to see.
-Phyllis
http://homeschooljournal-bergblog.blogspot.com/2010/05/many-thanks-to-chronicals-of-vetern.html

Rhonda said...

Awww Chelita, you are so loved! What wonderful gifts from such a wonderful family.

Stacey said...

What a wonderful Mothers Day presents! Have you used the ice cream maker yet? I'd love to hear your opinion on it. Our house is dairy and soy free and rice cream is hard to come by out in the country.

Heather the Mama Duk said...

We have that ice cream maker. It works great and is super easy!