A Mom and a Family of Men!

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

More Creatures for Remy and Pool Time

Okay, so http://www.youtube.com/ was up tonight and I have video for your viewing pleasure. I know pictures can't always capture the cuteness of the kids the way I want, so sometimes video is a must. :)



Yesterday we left school to the public kids during the day. We were FREE and and soaked up the suns goodness, the wind was sweet and delicate, the air fragrant with spring, and a blissful day was ours for the taking. These are the days my kids will say meant the most.



Remy is trying to build himself back up to the bravery statis he had at the end of summer last year. He can't bring himself to jump again just yet. Here he is practicing!






They also do lots of silly things in the pool and report to me how clever they are. :)









They have this spinner thingy that gives them alot of enjoyment...look at their faces!


Photobucket




They of course had to take a break for snacks TWICE! Eli was able to have chips and then a fudge pop due to the energy he burns while swimming, all without a drop of insulin. He loves this. Summer gives him lots more treats. :)


Photobucket




What day would be complete without the daily creature photo of Remy? He found a red and black stink bug and enjoyed him crawling all over him. This child is a neat boy, fearless and full of love for his world.


Photobucket




WE heard the school bus drop of the kids and I smiled with DELIGHT that my boys had enjoyed the day! They swam for another hour and then we went in to do our schoolwork and have dinner.

Elijah finished his book "Bunnicula".

Photobucket


Remy had his full lessons and was done in 15 minutes with it all. Look at this handwriting!

Photobucket


He taped the toothbrush and toothbrush he cute out on his bathroom mirror.

Photobucket


And then we have today! Look at what our Doggie Reese found!

Photobucket

A WILD red-eared slider!

She was trying to get at something on the other side of the fence, wouldn't give up. Matthew and the boys walked around by the "creek" and on the bank found him all huddled by our gate. We assume he was trying to get to our pool. The water has went really low out there and into the bayou/marshy thing down the road. We think he was up here during the rainstorms and was stuck!

Photobucket

Photobucket

And here is my yummiest man with Mr. Turtle.

Photobucket


Our kids have two little pet turtle of the same kind in their room. Remy said that this was the best creature find EVER! Hee hee!


We went to the library, Eli finished his book on Mononucleosis, and then we went grocery shopping with Matthew. It was another sweet day! Oh and Remy did more handwriting work. :)


Matthew is off tomorrow, I have a meeting with my doula clients, but I am sure we will have some sort of post tomorrow night. Until then!


11 comments:

Sherri said...

I had out pool almost there, then I got distracted from it. I really just needs to settle and then have a good vaccuum, but we just can't find the time with Jeff's busy schedule.
Yours looks great...love the videos.

Rhonda said...

Oh how fun! I love how you spend your days. Those boys just look so happy all the time.

Rhonda said...

Oh I forgot to tell you that Remy's handwriting is wonderful. Little boys don't usually write that well, especially for his age. Awesome!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Sherri, Need me to come and help you vac and clean the pool this week? Let me know for really! I miss you!

Thanks Rhonda, he is just odd, he loves to write!

Motherbird said...

I think some day your boys are going to have their very own nature show on TV! I love all the pictures of them with their creature finds!

Anonymous said...

You talk about public school like it's a prison. Believe it or not kids in school take days off too. Just this past week my daughter's class went on a field trip and we were gone all day...I guess that day we left school to the home schoolers :-).

You smiled with delight when you heard the school bus drop the poor pitiful little school kids off at home. Why? They were home for the day and your kids were just now starting their school work. I don't think I'd be bragging about how you ditched school and then crammed it all into fifteen minutes.

Your kids will have memories of being at home all the time but the kids who go to school will have memories of spending a lot of time with their friends, field trips, learning together, class plays, playing football and basketball and baseball etc, and in the end graduation with those kids who they have been with from day one. They will, in the end, have learned everything the home school kids did and have as many good memories.

Oh, and just for the record, kids who go to school can also have an appreciation for nature and the library and reading and all the other wonderful things that home school kids enjoy. Just today my daughter started a habitat for snails and has collected ten that she has nurtured all day. Wow, imagine a non home schooled child being capable of that.

It's possible to homeschool without putting down public school. It's a personal choice and if you are truly confident in what you are doing you shouldn't be constantly trying to justify it by putting the poor public school kids down. So you decided not to do school that day and let your kids swin instead. Great...then just do that without making it a homeschool thing.

I have a lot of respect for moms who home school. I think what they do is very commendable and takes a lot of patience and devotion. I don't choose to do it but I can at the same time appreciate those who do.

Sherri said...

Actually, we are setting it to drain tonight...will clean it up and start refilling it tomorrow afternoon!!!!!!! Woo Hoo! We will be swimming by next week!!
I hope it doesn't get too pretty out before the end of the school year...we have a lot to cover before testing and don't need to be distracted too much!!!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Anonymous, BRAVO to you for actually taking this time with your daughter! I commend you!

I have a new 5 year old (turned 5 in Nov.) child who doesn't require a lot of time to school. He is very motivated and reading and doing maths at a k5-1st grade level. We do our review and cover something new. He could be spending hours at school at day...he gets it done at home. He has time to enjoy his day. And he isn't always home...

YOU are the exception to the rule as a parent of a public schooler. I am glad your out there!

I do have a different opinion on homeschooling versus public education. It is a failing system when compared to what *I* can give my children. And I do feel very upset that so much time and money is spent on public education to have such lacking outcomes.

We are on two different sides of the fence! And afterall, this is a homeschool blog. :) It isn't about how great your daughter's public education is.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Sherri, that is so exciting!!!!!! I wanna see pics!

Karate Mom said...

Wow, Anonymous is really angry, isn't she? Amazing how she can come to a HOMESCHOOLING blog and then get her panties all in a wad when the person who is DOING the homeschooling speaks positively about her experiences.

Oh, and I love this part: "They were home for the day and your kids were just now starting their school work." HAHAHAHAHA! Let's not forget about the homework, Anonymous! When a homeschooled kid is done with school for the day, they're DONE!! No homework in sight!

You rock, Chelita!!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Hee hee...the "You rock" sentiment is mutual my dear friend! :)