A Mom and a Family of Men!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Kinder Lesson Day 86

Today we just had alot of fun. Elijah read some of his book and Remy and I started on his little star book on bedtime.

Here he is putting the bubbles on the first page.
Photobucket

Photobucket

The first one he added the painted bubbles, the second he but glitter glue on the toothbrush for toothpaste, the third he dictated the title "Little Star's Bedtime by: Remy", and the third one he glued the blues clues fabric for a comforter on the bed. :) He said that the little star must like Blue's Clues. *laugh*

Elijah then made a little neat book that opened up and revealed more and more. If you want this sheet to do on your own let me know!

First you draw your state and pinpoint where you live in that state. He did write the city and state but I erased it in photoshop because it is online. :)
Photobucket

Next to you open it some and it is the USA with your state colored.
Photobucket

And once you open it again it shows your country colored in on the world map. It is a really neat way to show where you are in this huge world. I did a video of Eli doing this and explaining but I do not want to wait for it to upload. Yes, I am lazy!
Photobucket

The boys worked on the frog life cycle books. It was below Eli's level, but he enjoys redoing that kind of stuff. :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

We finished "The Little House in the Big Woods" today and we checked out the next one in line. :)
Photobucket

I was not aware of how the Little House series was such a history lesson for that time. I have some neat things planned to go along with our Little House reading. :)

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Everything looks great! Eli's state book looks like fun. Oh I loved the "Little House in the Big Woods" series when I was younger. Heck I still love them now. LOL! I have something for you that you may be able to use. Check your mail hon!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

OOOooooo, a surprise in my email??? I can't wait! :)

Kristenph said...

I really like the state book. Where did you find it?

Kristenph said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I LOVED "Little House" books. My best friend growing up had the whole set and we would read and re-read and re-re-read those books over and over again. Your blog brought back memories! Thanks.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Awwwwwwwwww! That is sweet! We made some Spoon bread today because of those books. And when daddy came home to eat dinner Remy told him that it was from the little house on the prairie! LOL!