A Mom and a Family of Men!

Monday, April 07, 2008

A Sunday like No OTHER!

My family and I had a PERFECT Sunday. I mean every bit of it, every moment, PRICELESS!

It started with church that morning and I sat next to my MYKA and ASA! I love looking at her with her baby, she holds him like a trophy! One would have to see it to appreciate it. But she is in love and over the moon with this baby! He makes the sweetest noises. :)

After church we went to the mall and shared a chinese food meal at a DEEP discount due to the guy knowing Matthew. You can't beat a whole tofu meal with veggies and rice piled high, 2 eggrolls, 1 BIG eggdrop soup, and 2 biscuits for 6 bucks! It filled us all up and we then got a starbucks. Eli loves the caramel frappe'.

We walked around the mall and I bought some clearance shirts for Remy for our vacation packing. After that we went to Target and I found two pairs of shorts really cheap for him as well. I am done with his shopping. :)

We came home and the boys helped Matthew clean the pool. I was mowing the grass and they just BEGGED for some swimming! Guess what, we gave in!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The water was almost 70 degrees, but TOO COLD for me. Matthew and I did yard work and the boys moved through the water feeling free and very cool. The birds were singing and flying around. The sun perfect in the sky. Magical. What else can I say?

In the pool the boys found a...
Photobucket
CRAWFISH!

In the pool! Best we can think is he was blown in during the storm we had here a few days ago. Can't believe the chemicals didn't kill him.

I found a cicada larva while cleaning up outside.
Photobucket
The kids LOVED this! I guess we will be bombarded by them yet again this year. They were out in huge numbers when we moved in the house in late summer. The birds just have a feast!

We came in and got ready to go out for dinner. We went to olive garden and it was YUM-O! As we were leaving Remy saw baby house geckos all over the wall eating the bugs. He caught one and brought him home. :) I took pictures today. :)
Photobucket

Photobucket

So there it is...a day like a mini vacation. A taste of what is to come and I can't wait to leave for out BIG vacation!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that was just too nice. I am glad yall had a great day. sounds like it was a lot nicer there than it was here. we stayed around and did house and yard work. okay now the geckos...I think I have a bigger dislike for them than I do the frogs. they like to come in our garage and stay in there at night while the lights are off. I guess I just don't have a thing AT ALL for reptiles, yuck! sorry Remy! :) ahh the pool looks like so much fun-they both look like they do very well with it. YAY cant wait to come join yall :)

Motherbird said...

Aw, the geckos are so cool! We don't have those around here. The crawfish in the swimming pool is pretty wild too. Glad you had a great day!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Heather, the GECKO'S are so sweet! We love the baby ones. My wild nature boy has totally gotten his mother slowly used to the critters!

Rhonda said...

Swimming! How fun! A crawfish in the pool? I bet your boys loved that. Olive Garden is my all time fav place to eat. Yum. We have the little geckos here too. Lindsay loves to catch them. Although, she is better at catching the lizards here. Glad to hear you had a wonderful day. I love hearing about days like that.

Carisa said...

Yes, I am SOOOO jealous. This LONG winter is killing me up here in the NE!

I am so happy for your family to be able to enjoy the warm outdoors!
:) Carisa

chandra said...

What a wonderful day!

Beyond Blessed said...

Chelita! I am sooo jealous! You guys can swim already? We are still waering winter coats here in MD. :( I want to come and swim with you and the boys! Justin got so excited when he saw the pictures of Remy and Eli swimming! He begged me to go swimming:)
Anyway your day was absolutely perfect! I love the life you have carved out for yourself:)
Love you! Jen

Mama Teaching 3 said...

AWWWWW, I can't wait to get together either! :)

Anonymous said...

that is actually not a cicada larvae but a grub worm, which is the larvae of the June bug.
here are the links to June bugs and their larvae
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_grub
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phyllophaga_(genus)
Here is what a Cicada larvae looks like
http://www.cicadamania.com/cicadas/2005/10/11/cicada-larvae-pictures/
and here about to molt into an adult
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://canalphotos.org/8-25_canal_cicada_shell_PS_rz.jpg&imgrefurl=http://canalphotos.org/photopage_327.htm&usg=__eUgUA2nBbzOa9o_zv1AkW3V7ak0=&h=539&w=640&sz=287&hl=en&start=2&sig2=7FkIARg6v-6uBgK77Hmwgg&tbnid=c8E51KkHCCvqOM:&tbnh=115&tbnw=137&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcicada%2Blarvae%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26safe%3Doff&ei=_gb7SqTrG8vjlAft_dW6Aw

Just thought if you were homeschooling your children you might want to teach them correctly.
Like the other pics.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Thankyou!

We actually found this out ourselves during our studies...we just didn't update the blog.