A Mom and a Family of Men!

Monday, September 15, 2008

Puppy LOVE and BOOKIT!

In Science today we had a little quick experiment. This one was to see the surface film/tension after we have studied about it. :)

Eli put the pin slowly and gently onto the top of the water in the bowl.
Photobucket

And there you have it!
Photobucket

He pushed the pin down a little and the pin dropped to the bottom of the bowl, breaking the film or tension. :) Of course my mad scientist LOVED it!

We studied the Assyrians in history today. And both boys had the normal stuff too. Eli is great at division now! I am so impressed! Long division was the extent of my math abilities when I started my own studies for my GED years ago. I so see homeschooling working for my kids when I SEE the comparisons in my own schooling. How was I passed from grade to grade? We are talking passed people! Moved on to the next level of learning! It makes me sick.

We had been learning about the Ocean and we watched this DVD from our Library. The kids loved it. :) And it touched on the things we had talked about too. Gotta love that. The filming is beautiful and the music made me smile.



This is what Elijah did in art today.
Photobucket

He loves shapes like that...it soothes his brain. Always has. :) Maybe he craves order?

We got our BOOKIT! program in the mail over a week ago. The kids are reading like crazy to get that coupon for pizza on the 1st of October! :) Hey it will be a cheat day for me each month, the veggie pan pizza at PizzaHut. YUM-O!
Photobucket

What do you think of my little boy with shades?
Photobucket

It makes me think of this:
Enjoy that blast from the past! Hee hee!

I made this for My Mikey Bears. Can't wait to put it in the mail for him. I made him up a little fun package. I miss him so much.
Photobucket
You would would like to make this or even just check out the makers blog and websites here ya go: http://1plus1plus1equals1.blogspot.com/ You will not be let down, this gal is amazing and I adore her! :)

And here is the puppy lovin' that went on during school today!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

9 comments:

Sherri said...

You are so into your school stuff, whereas I am just getting started. We had our first day back yesterday. It did feel good to get back on a schedule! I hope the kids remember our very long break when we go a little longer than the public school kids this year!!!
I love your pics!!!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

My kids loved doing that experiment. It just fascinated them. Cute puppy pictures!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Sherri, enjoy your new year with the kiddos!

Michelle said...

We did the Pizza Hut Book It program last year. It was a huge incentive for reading, and I enjoyed it too.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

This is our second year to do the program here at home. :) We were really looking forward to it!

Tisha said...

Awww, those boys love those pups and it looks like those pups love those boys! :)

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Oh YOU KNOW IT!

Anonymous said...

Awww, your kids are so sweet!
I love that surface tension experiment! Quick and easy! And I love that little tot book you made! I love Carissa's site too! She has the most amazing ideas!

Motherbird said...

Another sweet post. I might have to check out that book it program. Thanks.