A Mom and a Family of Men!

Monday, October 06, 2008

More Poundage Loss Stuff - Fitness Friday


I have a SWEET and SMART and NEATO new bloggy pal. She has now decided through a series of events that she is going to loss some poundage as well. :) I LOVE IT! So you will be seeing TWO poundage posts from me each week. I just had to partake in her Fitness Friday Fun. I encourage others to join up as well!

We are to finish this sentence, "I can't wait until....".

I really can't wait until I am below 170. Why? Because I remember when I was 170. It was my last weigh in before I was 192-195 pounds. It was the first time in my life that I had had a weight issue. I only have 5 pounds to that goal. But what it means for me emotionally is BIG! And let's be honest 5 pounds can take a whole month and a week to accomplish! That is a lot of praying, eating well, and moving to loss that 5 pounds. I have lost 19 pounds, but I have had to retrain myself. And it wasn't physical. I wasn't lazy or inactive. I was feeding my emotions. Dealing with some things in my life without food as I have done heavily for the past 1-2 years is hard.

It has forced me to put some things on the back burner, such as my career. It has made me look at how the main things in my life such as my walk with the Lord, the schooling of the children, the keeping of my home, and the romance in my marriage is what really matters to me. So I am losing pounds and leaving some things behind while I tend to the things that I need to tend to first. After that, I can pick up the other things.

A naturopath I love and adore and call friend once said something to me. I agreed with him. But I couldn't see how he meant it for me until I started to lose weight. He said that every women he had treated kept the weight on because she was covering pain somewhere else in her life. BAM! Slam me in the head!

He was meaning that for me! Not as just general sharing of conversation! That's hard folks! And I love this person to pieces because he said it. He didn't say YOU are fat because of what you are or are not doing. He was just sharing his observations in a line of conversation we were having. I believe that talk was meant to happen all those months ago. It was last fall to be precise.

So, to be at 170 to me means that I can and will turn this around. That my goal of 150 is not only reachable, but that I WILL reach it. I have no doubt that I will go lower even before we try to make our next baby. And this is the whole reason of why I am doing this. I want another baby. But God has been screaming at me to not have a baby until I have regained my health. He has shown me that my decision to wait and shed these pounds and cleanse is the best. I am so blessed that he knows my heart and knows how I would be happiest. Wow. What a hero.

170 here I come! ;)

I also wanted to share some other BIG things to encourage who they man.

When I started my BMI was 33.3 and I was classified as severly overweight.
Today I have a BMI of 30 and I am moderately overweight.
I need to be between 20 - 25 to be a healthy weight. Whew, that is going to be work to get to!

My first month 7/16 - 8/16 I lost 11.2 pounds. That first month was huge for me. Had I lost nothing like the last time I tried or maybe a pound or two I don't know if I could have been so into my weight loss.

8/16 - 9/13 I lost 3.6, and I am glad I didn't notice that was all I had lost that second month. I had just halfed the total loss into two months. LOL!

9/13 until now I lost 4.2 pounds. Crazy!

I put this up so that if someone finds a slow week or month weigh in to not be discouraged. KEEP GOING. Look at the total and divide evenly for a few months. It will make you feel better. And try on clothes after you start to see it yourself. :)

4 comments:

Brenda said...

That's the big thing for me--how my clothes fit. I can't wait!

And thanks for sharing about the uneven pounds off-that's good to know for the future! Wow--11 pounds in a month! That's an incredible start!

JulieMom said...

That's awesome! Wow, 11 pounds in a month! I won't hold my breath for that to be me, but I'm working on it. Keep it up! Can't wait until you make your goal!

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Beautiful! And keep up the great job. Your loss is so perfect :) You are so much more likely to keep it off if it comes off nice and slow.

Mama Teaching 3 said...

The 11 pounds came off that first month because the change was drastic in my life. I was cleansing like crazy, fasted on fruits and veggies for 2 weeks before moving on to the new normal eating patterns. It was hard. But it really jump started my weight loss.