A Mom and a Family of Men!

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Family Painting Time

One night Matthew and I decided to put the fireplace in use. And then we decided to lay out a blanket before it and paint! I have never done it this way but my friend Sherrie (http://ourplaceourplace.blogspot.com/) does with her children. I normally make them stay in the kitchen or we go outside. I know we loved having Thanksgiving dinner in the living room this past Thanksgiving...so why not painting!?

We gathered on that blanket before the fire and we went to town! Thanks for the idea Sherrie! :)

Elijah said he wasn't in the mood, but it is really the fact that he likes oils and acrylics over the water colors we used.

Here is Remy's Showcase!

A little creature:
Photobucket

A Robot:
Photobucket

And then he saw my mouse and decided to draw a mouse with water color pencils.
Photobucket

I just started with a tree. I knew I wanted a Christmas painting and I used some techniques that I have learned from Matthew and various art books I have browsed through. I am very proud of my mouse!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I might give this one to my Grandmother. :) She hasn't received a painting or art work from me since I was a child. I think it is due time. :) And anyway...that is her in the doorway. ;)

And of course Matthew out does us all! Remy gets so upset when Matthew paints. He say that is not fair! I can't do that! We always tell him to keep it up! Not to mention that daddy took art and graphic design in high school and college.
Photobucket

6 comments:

Laura said...

Oh, what beautiful pictures!! This reminds me of the little painting "project" you had us do when we were your doula clients. I still have that picture somewhere!!

Have a GREAT Christmas!!

Sherri said...

Madison so needed to be there for your drawing session!!!
Is there anything creative that Matt can't do...he amazes me!!

Mamaclsn said...

I love it! What a great family activity!

Mama Teaching 3 said...

Laura, I want to see those paintings again. :)

Sherrie, he is creative, he gets it from his Grandmother.

Rhonda said...

Those are such great drawings.I know that ya'll had a lot of fun in front of that fireplace doing this. I can just picture Remy's excitement now. I love the activities that Sherri does with her kiddos and I love seeing yours here.

Unknown said...

Those are great!