A Mom and a Family of Men!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Make and Share Monday - Felt Melon & Pretty Sauce


Make and Share Monday

We were lazy this week. ;)

I love to make my own sauces and for dumplings and eggrolls I love to use a sauce called "Red Crystal Sauce". It is YUMMY!


Photobucket

Recipe:
*1/2 cup red wine vinegar
*1/2 cup sugar
*2 Tablespoons finely grated carrot
*1 Tablespoon crushed red pepper
*1/2 teaspoon salt
Put all of the ingredients in the saucpan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 1 minute. ENJOY!


Elijah (my 10 year old) made this felt watermelon. :) CUTE!

Photobucket

Photobucket

4 comments:

Rhonda said...

Awww Eli's little watermelon is so cute. :0) That sauce just looks and sounds so yummy! MMM!

Nicole said...

Hannah and I think this sauce looks YUMMY! We're definitely going to be trying this recipe. And tell Eli that his watermelon turned out GREAT!

Sherri said...

Madison made some of those little watermelons for her American girl doll! Eli did a great job on his...I'll have to show madison.

Heather the Mama Duk said...

Great sauce! And such a pretty bottle.

That watermelon is adorable. Just the other day I was just looking at the bunny he made Ani for the Christmas swap and thinking how good a job he does.