A Mom and a Family of Men!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Late Night Science with Remy

I had a fun evening with my little bit one night after his bath. He is so darn cute!

We learned why we have the ridges in our fingers. I put tape on his fingers and asked him to pick up a dime. It proved to be very hard but he did it. Daddy couldn't pick it up with tape on his fingers.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I then took the tape off of his fingers so he could compare how easy it was to pick up the dime afterwards. He wanted nothing to do with taking tape off of his fingers and you can tell it in the photo. Sour puss!

Photobucket

Then we wanted to see if we could finger print him with a pencil. This is really funny because I saw this on CSI:Miami last night! HA HA! He colored an index card really fast with a pencil and then he rubbed his finger on the pencil marks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We then lifted his print and put it on a card. He decided AGAIN that he had a loop print. We did prints a while back this year...if you remember. But he had to do it again.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We talked about the extra skin on his elbows, fingers, and knees, and how that extra skin allows him to bend easier. He used a bendy drinking straw to show how extra skin or plastic makes the job easier.

Photobucket

To be able to see the folds of skin in action even better I drew a little caterpillar on his finger and he opened and closed it to SEE the skin work.

Photobucket

Photobucket

He was so sad that his little finger folding bug washed off. :(

I have to say that I enjoy my Remmit!

2 comments:

Jill said...

I love how you illustrate the science concepts with practical things in real life. I LOVE the caterpillar he drew, and yes, it washed off, but at least he still has the picture of it, right? :)

Unknown said...

Nothing better than a little learning from a simple question!