A Mom and a Family of Men!

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Cricketology

Another child-led project in our home took place from Remy's interests. You all know he adores bugs. He checked out this library book on Crickets.


Photobucket


Photobucket

This book led to cricket keeping. We found some habitats and they both made a cricket friend to tend to. It was so fun to see Remy read this book first, all by himself, and then to light a passion for reading it in his brother. Elijah had to read it and then he also had to have a cricket pet.

Photobucket
I really enjoy these two scientists!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

So cute! I just love those little men of yours. Keep us updated on how things go with the care of the crickets.

Jolene (South Africa) said...

That is super cool.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

it is kinda fun taking care of bugs...so here is a question for the boys....what do you feed them? we still....after 3 months have the katydid we found...she had laid over 100 eggs in our bug house...I tried to free her, but she wouldn't go out the door. We have been feeding her lettuce... I can't believe she is still alive! I hope your cricket friends will live long and not keep you awake with their chirping!!! ;)

Sybille said...

Wow, I think my boys 'll love that too!

manda said...

Awesome! As a librarian, I LOVE to read about the success of books in children- especially boys. You must be doing something right Mama.